background

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Happy Memorial Day...

On this Memorial Day weekend I would first like to take a moment to remember all the men and women who have sacrificed their life while serving in the various branches of the military to ensure our country's freedoms.  I also want to thank all our troops for serving our great country right now.

I hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend and spending time with their loved ones.  I had a little time yesterday and I reorganized my Cricut cartridges.  I am mainly a Gypsy user.  I don't have a large craft space and it is much easier if I can keep my cartridges tucked away.  However, I still miss the hand books and I often find myself digging them out just to see what exactly that little cut is and how is it layered.  So I have pulled the handbooks out of each of the boxes.  I left the cartridge and the overlay in the original box.  I found these Sterilite boxes at Dollar General for $3 each.  I bought one for my shapes and one for my fonts.  I only have about 35 cartridges and this worked out great.  The dimensions of the boxes are 11" x 6 5/8" x 5 3/8".  I tore out all the non-english pages to make the booklets smaller and I can fit about 18-20 in each box.  This takes up a whole lot of less space than the big rubbermaid tub with my boxes that I have now slipped into my closet.
I realize this only works for Gypsy users.  Maybe there are others like me in that department.  This is working great for me but I am always on the look out for good storage ideas so if I come up with something different I will let you know. 

Have a safe holiday weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment